MEGA 7.5Fr. & 8Fr. IAB Catheters
The MEGA IAB family offers greater hemodynamic support and higher efficacy for every patient, at any height.
As the leader in counterpulsation therapy, Maquet is committed to developing IABs that deliver greater hemodynamic support.
That’s why we’ve built on the exceptional track record of the MEGA 8 Fr. 50 cc IAB to create an expanded MEGA family. With the addition of the larger volume MEGA 7.5 Fr. 30 cc and 40 cc IAB, there’s now a balloon that delivers superior blood volume displacement for everyone, at any height.
MEGA: Greater hemodynamic support and higher efficacy for every patient.
Greater hemodynamic support
Larger volume balloons like MEGA displace more blood in the aorta during diastole, resulting in improved augmentation and unloading.*
- More blood volume displacement
- More diastolic augmentation
- More systolic unloading
STATLOCK® IAB Stabilization Device
All MEGA IABs include two complete and ready-to-use STATLOCK® IAB Stabilization Devices for sutureless securement of IAB catheters, delivering safety and comfort to you and your patients.
- Eliminates suture-securement needle sticks and suture-wound complications
- Patient comfort and safety
- Quick and easy application and removal
Proprietary IAB Membrane
Maquet’s patented blow-molded polyurethane material has been developed to withstand the constant abrasion of even the most calcified aortas.
- 43% more abrasion resistance
- Reduced insertion force
- Immediate inflation at start-up
Advanced IAB Design
Additional benefits include:
- No step-down due to unique balloon wrap
- Co-lumen design for optimal gas passage
- Large 0.027″ inner lumen for a reliable pressure transducer signal